DJ Sackmann Training LLC is committed to providing a safe and healthy training facility for all our staff, trainers, members, and visitors. To ensure we have a safe and healthy training facility, DJ Sackmann Training LLC has developed the following COVID-19 Program Preparedness Plan (the “Plan”) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic for its facility located at 681 Lawlins Road, Wyckoff, New Jersey 07481 (the “Facility”). Staff and trainers are all responsible for implementing the Plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our Facility and our staff, trainers, and members’ communities, and that requires full cooperation among our staff, trainers, members, and visitors. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of all persons in our Facility.
The Plan is administered by DJ Sackmann, who maintains the overall authority and responsibility for the Plan. However, all staff and trainers are equally responsible for supporting, implementing, complying with and providing recommendations to further improve all aspects of the Plan.
Our staff and trainers are our most important assets. DJ Sackmann Training LLC is serious about safety and health and protecting our staff and trainers. Equally as important to DJ Sackmann Training LLC is the safety, health, and protection of our members.
The Plan follows the industry guidance developed by the State of New Jersey, available here which is based upon Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) guidelines for COVID-19, and New Jersey’s relevant and current executive orders.
DJ Sackmann Training LLC has reviewed and incorporated the industry guidance applicable to our business provided by the State of New Jersey for the development of the Plan, including the industry guidance for Sports Activities.
All staff, trainers, and members are hereby informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess staff, trainers, and members’ health status prior to entering the Facility. Staff and trainers are to immediately report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms to DJ Sackmann. Staff and trainers must stay home when they are showing signs of COVID-19, have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or over, or have had close contact with a person with COVID-19. Staff and trainers who experience symptoms of any illness while at the Facility must immediately separate themselves from others and immediately notify DJ Sackmann of the situation and to discuss how to address the situation, including but not limited to, either sending the staff member or trainer home or to a health care facility depending on the severity of the symptoms.
Members are to immediately report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms to staff or a trainer, and in that case, that staff member or trainer is to immediately report the situation to DJ Sackmann, separate the member from others, and send the member home or to a health care facility depending on the severity of the symptoms. Members must stay home when they are showing signs of COVID-19, have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or over, or have had close contact with a person with COVID-19.
DJ Sackmann Training LLC has also implemented a policy for informing staff, trainers, and members if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at the Facility and requiring them to quarantine for the required amount of time. As soon as practicable, DJ Sackmann Training LLC will notify staff, trainers, and members if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at the Facility within the past 14 days from the date of the positive test result, and instruct such persons to quarantine for the required amount of time. DJ Sackmann Training LLC will also, as soon as practicable, notify local health officials of any lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 for any staff member, trainer, or member who was present at the Facility within the past 14 days from the date of the positive test result.
In addition, a policy has been implemented to protect the privacy of staff, trainers, and members’ health status and health information. When notifying others of an exposure to a person with COVID-19, best efforts will be made to avoid providing identifying information of the person with COVID-19, in compliance with local and state privacy/confidentiality laws and with HIPAA and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
A check-in screening will be implemented for all staff, trainers, and members in the Facility through the following protocol:
• a designated staff member or trainer will conduct check in questioning and observation of all staff, trainers, and members about the existence of any COVID-19 symptoms including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, or known close contact with person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19. Any concerns will result in denial of entry to the Facility.
• a designated staff member or trainer will use an infrared non-contact forehead thermometer to take the temperature of all staff, trainers, and members before they enter the Facility. Any reading of 100.4 or higher will result in a denial of entry to the Facility.
• parents, guardians, or other visitors to the facility are not permitted to enter the Facility.
Social distancing of at least six feet will be implemented and maintained between staff, trainers, and members in the Facility through the following protocol:
• staff, trainers, and members are required to wear facial coverings while in the Facility (except while in the act of training or providing training instruction)
• staff, trainers, and members are required to keep at least six feet away from others while in the Facility (except where required during training or providing training instruction)
• a designated staff member or trainer will routinely remind all staff, trainers, and members in the Facility of social distancing requirements (all members are encouraged to remind one another of social distancing requirements)
• signage will be placed throughout the Facility to remind staff, trainers, and members to social distance and to wear a mask whenever possible and when safe to do so
• markings on the facility floor will be placed throughout the Facility to remind staff, trainers, and members to social distance whenever possible
• staff, trainers, and members are not permitted to congregate in any one area at any time, including prior to training, during training sessions, while on a break from a training session, or after training sessions.
Basic infection prevention measures are being implemented at the Facility at all times. Staff, trainers, and members are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of their shift/training session, and after using the restroom. All staff, trainers, and members are required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the Facility. Hand-sanitizer dispensers (that use sanitizers of greater than 60% alcohol) are at entrances and locations in the Facility so they can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water, as long as hands are not visibly soiled.
Source controls are being implemented at the Facility at all times. Staff, trainers, and members are being instructed to cover their mouth and nose with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and to avoid touching their face, particularly their mouth, nose and eyes, with their hands. Staff, trainers, and members are expected to dispose of tissues in provided trash receptacles and wash or sanitize their hands immediately afterward. Respiratory etiquette will be demonstrated on posters and supported by making tissues and trash receptacles available to all staff, trainers, and members entering the Facility. Staff, trainers, and members should bring their own water and drinks to the Facility and not share with anyone.
In an effort to maximize the amount of fresh air being brought into the Facility, exterior windows and doors will be propped in the open position during hours of operation.
The Plan has been communicated to all staff and trainers and necessary training was provided prior to the re-opening of the Facility. Additional communication and training will be ongoing as appropriate and necessary. Training will be provided to all staff and trainers who did not receive the initial training and prior to initial assignment or reassignment.
The Plan is being communicated to all members (and parents/guardians of members who are minors), who must sign the COVID-19 Acknowledgment Form prior to being permitted to train at the Facility.
All staff, trainers, and members will be advised not to enter the Facility if they are experiencing symptoms or have contracted COVID-19. All staff and trainers are to take an active role and collaborate in carrying out the various aspects of the Plan, and update the protections, protocols, work-practices and training as necessary. The Plan has been certified by DJ Sackmann Training LLC management and the Plan is posted throughout the Facility and made readily available to staff, trainers, and members. The Plan may be updated at any time by DJ Sackmann.